Sunday, March 29, 2009

My group met tonight at Jake's Roadhouse for a meeting. We met for about 30 minutes, then said "okay that's enough school talk" and we just hung out and got to know each other.

Since my group leader Ross was not at the last class meeting when we discussed the group, he was given the cliff's notes. He sent us all and e-mail the next day and apologized for being a terrible leader. I do not blame him for being a bad leader. I believe a leader is only as good as the people he is leading. No one in the group had ever brought it to his attention that we did not have good communication, or that we did not know each other. I do not know if he thought everything was going good, or if he thought none of the group members really cared about group cohesiveness.

But Ross now realizes he needs to make more of a group structure and has done a great job so far. This meeting allowed us to get to know each other. I do not know everyone's names yet, but I'll be able to spot people in class and know they are in my group. We have planned to meet at least once a week as just a get-together. I think this will allow us to be an actual group and not just some people under one leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment